Wednesday 27 February 2019

Year 10 composition - using resources

Using the 10 pages you have pulled out of our magazines, you should have a range of images that could be textural backgrounds or focal points (or a bit of both).

Yesterday we went through these and started cutting things out and refining them. All the way through this, as I did it, I was thinking about potential opportunities with the materials I had.

For instance:

  

This is the one picture. I just cut the guy out carefully from the background.

As I was doing that, I was thinking about how I could photocopy enlarge the background to use in a piece later on.

            From there, we arranged, recorded (a quick thumbnail sketch in your book) and re-arranged these elements to create compositions with a focal point on a mid-tone piece of paper.

As I did this, again, I was thinking about what my next steps would be. Where paint might go, what I might draw in rather than collage in, what textures might be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment