Friday 22 November 2019

Level two - what is my kaupapa? Example blog for 2020 to start you off.

I think most of you got the idea of the blogs by the end of the year and we have some great examples of blogging by the time you did. However, we want to start great and finish great this year. 

Your labels will be added as you write your first post like this. These labels will be five in total and you will be expected to use at least two each time you post:


2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4(folio) and Art 2019. The following is an exemplar of what your first blog should look like in a total of 150 + words:



My Visual Arts course this year will be focussed on painting (or photography or design, you choose this bit and adjust). I enjoyed painting last year because I felt like I could do it easily/is a challenge for me/will be the most useful tool to help me express my ideas/is a passion of mine (this is your thoughts, not mine, and there is no real wrong. But, here may be the odd cop-out, which we would rather not have). My kaupapa for the year will be based upon spiritual and cultural development. This is something that interests me because my family lineage is so mixed and generations back of my family denied a great deal of their own history in order to fit into pākeha dominated culture. I felt like it would be something that I could work on for an entire year.


The above paragraph is an introduction. It outlines my field choice for the year and explains why I have chosen spiritual and cultural development to base my kaupapa upon. So far, for my actual 'post' as a student, I am at 111 words. 

I have gone through the artists in my theme from the matrix on Ako and created my mood board here:


From here, I have decided on Mick Namarari, Faith Ring gold and Robyn Kahukiwa as my artist models for 2.1. These artists will also help me get started with 2.2 which is also going ot be the start of my folio.

I have just copied and pasted these artists off the matrix, which keeps the hyperlinks intact for my post. 

My kaupapa based on this theme is looking like this:

 (Image of the brainstorm you will do in class inserted here). 

Typed words at this point are 184. However, when you take into account what you will have on your brainstorm it is likely to be closer to 250. 

(a summing up of what is on the brainstorm here will be useful)




No comments:

Post a Comment